Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Week in Grand Rapids

Charlie had ASTP (medic recert) in Grand Rapids last week and Arthur and I got to tag along this time! We spent most of the time in the hotel room because we only have one car, but it was fun anyway and a nice break from the ho-hum days at home. A special and very unexpected thing to come from this trip... I got to visit with a very good friend that I haven't seen or spoken to in 3 years! Goretzka went through Basic and AIT with me and we were best of friends (and I guess you could say that we were romantically interested in each other for a little bit as well), but lost touch since then. I had forgotten that he was from GR and he happened to work at the McDonald's right next to the hotel! I was so happy to see him again and be able to catch up --- it was as if no time had passed at all since our last meeting. We hung out for a little bit everyday but one and I enjoyed it very much.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the trip, some are from the hotel and the rest are from the Meijer Gardens:
















No comments: