Monday, August 19, 2013

Long Time No See

I have been meaning to do a few posts for a while now, but I haven't really had the chance before now. I promise to be better about posting in the future, though I don't think I actually have readers (which is ok, though readers are always nice!).

On the personal front, things are going well enough here at the Knoll home. Arthur is growing like crazy and has the cutest and funniest personality ever. He's our little comedian and will do anything to get a laugh out of us! Charlie is still working overnights at the jail... it's hard on me since it seems that he's always either working or sleeping, but he enjoys it and I get to stay home so I can't complain too much.

The chickens are doing great and we love them! They are laying more eggs that we can eat, so family and friends are also enjoying fresh eggs.

We found a home for Nibbler today. My SIL really wanted her, but we were being pressured by our annoying neighbors since the limit is 3 dogs and we had 4 (yes, we got a new puppy... Charlie wanted her). Erin couldn't take her yet due to her living situation, so we found a wonderful family for her to live with. They had rat terriers in the past and instantly fell in love with her.

About the new pup...

This is Remington, Remi for short. She was born in June and is a pit mix of some sort (they said pit/Rott, but I really don't think so). We got her from a meth addict living in horrid conditions (oh how I felt for her 3 young children!) who just wanted enough to cover her next fix. Remi is a total sweetheart and fits in perfectly here.


 On the crafting front, I've been busy!


I finally finished the Cap Sleeve Lattice Top! It's made from KP Shine Sport (Dandelion and Platinum). I made a few mods to it, mostly knitting it in the round and really doing my own thing on the lace part. I love it, though do wish that I had my pre-baby body back so that it looked a little better on me...



I also made Arthur a winter hat. I use KP Swish DK in Rainforest Heather, which is actually much richer and greener than this picture shows. I used my Dragon Baby Hat pattern, upsized to fit 18-24 months. Both projects are part of My Sister's Knitter's KAL (blog link on sidebar to the right).

Next to be swatched are a Lila's Cardigan for me and a Gramps Cardigan for Arthuroni.

I've also been keeping up with my embroidery:


The Summer Stitching Club is coming to a close, with tomorrow being the last pattern release. This picture is one week behind (there is a really cute beach umbrella that isn't pictured). Fortunately, Wild Olive is keeping up the fun with a fall version! The summer one is meant to be a doll quilt or a wall hanging and the fall one is set up to be a pillow cover, but I will be setting them up the same so that I can join them into a lap quilt (I think she will be doing a winter and spring set as well).

Ok, that's it for now. I have a Christmas gift in the works that I really want to tell y'all about, but that is for another day.

No comments: