Saturday, September 21, 2013

Deadlines

Yet again, I have let blogging slip. The days just go by so quickly and before I know it, it's nearly the end of the month! Remember being a kid and time going by sooo slowly? It seemed the Christmas was always forever away, the school year was so long, and even the weekends seemed so far away. Now I'm just wishing that days could seem a little slower, especially now that we have Arthur and he's growing so fast.

Anyway, I am having a great time in the My Sister's Knitter KAL (blog link to the right) and am a sleeve away from finishing my final project, the Lila's Cardi in Knit Picks (what else?) Wool of the Andes. I should have that finished and on the blocking board tonight, just in time for this cooler weather that we're having.

The next KAL starts on 01 October and has a fall theme... any projects that utilize fall colors/motifs or is for fall weather. I have a few projects in line for that, plus the GSD Lover's KAL that is going on. I have to have a project list by 30 November and FOs are due by 15 December. Everything has to be for gifts... to be given to others or to ourselves. I definitely have a gift knitting list this year, so the KAL and prizes are a great incentive to get them done.

The Knit List, roughly in order of how I want to do it:

1) Finish Lila's Cardigan for me - KP WotA, Papaya Heather
2) Cardiff Cowl for Brooke (SIL) - KP Swish DK, Marina
3) Cabled Leg Warmers and Boot Cuffs for Christian (sSIL) - KP Stroll Tweed, Oyster Heather
4) Chic Chevron Boot Toppers for Christian - KP Stroll Tweed, Down Heather
5) "William" Jumper (DROPS pattern) for Arthur - KP Felici Sport, Recess
6) Basic Chic Hoodie for me - KP WotA, Cilantro Heather
7) Hat of America for Brother Arthur - KP Brava, Red, White, Celestial
8) Thorpe for Daddy - KP Wota Bulky, Chocolate, and some other undecided bulky
9) Pookies for Mikah (nephew) - KP Swish DK, assorted

Pretty ambitious, considering that I also have a quilt and several embroidery projects to do as Christmas gift, as well as any other last minute additions to the list that might occur. I guess we'll see how well I do... I've been a very motivated knitter for the past few weeks, so as long as I can hang onto the knitting mojo I think I'll be good!

I should I have a new FO for you soon! Now off to knit that sleeve...

No comments: