Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Long Overdue

Geez does time go by fast. I have been meaning to post for quite a while now, but time just gets away from me. I don't really get much computer time during the day and at night, once Arthur is in bed and Charlie is at work, I tend to veg out in front of the tv with knitting or embroidery. I promise to be better about it!

I have a few FOs to share and I really like them!

I finished the fall embroidery project:

 
 
It's a banner thing for the front door! Super simple, but I think it's cute. It's just two pieces of felt (one made smaller with pinking shears), the embroidered felt sewn on, and some freehand embroidery for the words. The white in the corners was glue that hadn't dried yet (it dried clear). The ribbon is from a dress that no longer fits (yeah, it's depressing but I am working on it). It's not quite officially fall just yet, but the weather has been cooling down and it feels like fall is coming on, so I went ahead and hung it up.
 
I also finished Arthur's cardigan! It's Gramps and oh-so-cute!
 






I used Knit Picks City Tweed DK in Porpoise, purchased just for this project. I've been so good about that this year and am quite proud of myself. Anyway, I knit the 18 month size and it's a touch big, but I think he'll be able to squeeze into it next winter as well. I couldn't be happier with the FO, though did learn a few things for next time (namely, don't slip the first stitch of every row because I needed more stitches to pick up for the buttonband. It worked, but would've been easier the other way).

Arthur was NOT thrilled with the sweater, though. My first few attempts at getting him to wear it failed miserably and he screamed, cried, flopped around on the ground, and tried to rip it off his body. When he was dressed for church, though, I knew I was going to win the battle because it is just too cute over slacks, a button-up dress shirt, and a tie. I got smart this time and gave him his favorite motorcycle toy and he forgot all about the sweater and all was well in the world again. Babies are so funny sometimes.

Next up is a sc stitch crocheted bracelet I made on the way to church. It matched my shirt pretty well (KP Stroll Tonal, Goldrush). Not much of a project, but I like it anyway.


Finally, the WIPs. Well, one WIP to show and one to tell about.

To show is the Autumn Stitching Club (see the Wild Olive link on the right sidebar)! We are already 2 weeks in and it's just as fun as the summer club. It is 8.00 again and the instructions are so detailed that anyone can learn to do it. You can join anytime and will be sent all the released patterns so far to get you caught up. This time it is supposed to be a pillow, but I'm making mine in the same format as the summer club so that I can eventually have a big seasons blanket. You can see my fabric selections and embroidery below:


I love that basket of leaves! So cute and definitely fall-sy.

For the tell, I have started my Lila's Cardigan in KP WotA, Papaya Heather. I wasn't sure about the color at first, but I decided to stick with it anyway and now I do think that it'll be good on me. I'm only about 10 inches or so in, but hope to have it completed by the 22nd... the end of the kal I'm in. If I can finish it by then I would have completed every project I challenged myself with during the kal and I can enter it into the prize drawing.

That was going to be it, but I wanted to share a picture from this weekend. We went to my MIL's house and had lots of fun hunting, fishing, etc. This was my catch for the day on Sunday (the top brim is my sFIL's... I caught 2 smaller bass that were thrown back, the middle brim we kept, and the bottom bass) and we ate the bass for dinner:


No comments: