Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mutt Afghan

It's been a good minute since I last shared this, but here's an update on the scrappy granny square afghan I am making from all my leftovers:




Isn't it gorgeous???

It is entirely from scraps/leftovers of past projects (2 or 3 scraps were gifted to me in a RAK, but the rest are my own) and they are all natural plant/animal fibers, with a few blends mixed in. I love that it's a quick and easy way to use up scraps of almost any length... some are a mere 4 inches long! If I can join it, I'm adding it to the blanket. Weights range from sport to bulky and I'm not being at all conscious of what is added next; when I get a scrap, I simply join it to the blanket and go with it.

My friend Danielle saw a picture of the blanket on facebook today and said that her great Aunt Frances called these 'Mutt Blankets' and I loved it! So, this is my mutt afghan so far.

1 comment:

Andi said...

There is nothing more fantastic than a scrappy blanket. This is so lovely!