Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How Could I Forget?!

I just realized that I never showed off my finished Lila's Cardi! I have horrible pictures of it for now, but hope to get better ones when we go to the cider mill this Friday (as long as the cooler weather keeps up). Til then, here are some bathroom mirror cell phone ones:




I love it! I'm so glad that I actually went ahead and made it. I was second-guessing myself just before casting on... Does this design look good on me? Does the color? Will I actually wear this? I cast on anyway and am very pleased with the FO.

I am planning my second fall/winter cardi now. I think I'm going to go with another Basic Chic Hoodie. It would be my second time making this (I made one in 2010). I liked the first one well enough, but it was too floppy... I think it was my yarn choice and gauge. This time I would actually check gauge and use WotA, a non-superwash wool. I'm just not a superwash fan; I have found that they will all eventually felt and that they don't have the same properties as regular wool, the things that make me love wool so much. I don't mind it so much in sock yarn, but other stuff... just give me the plain stuff! I have 14 balls of WotA in Cilantro Heather lined up for this cardi when I get around to it. I hope to cast on by the end of the month.

I do have a few more FOs to show off (I just can't stop knitting!)...



Another Cardiff Cowl, this time in KP City Tweed DK, Rhubarb. This is for the shop.


A Woolly Owl Hat, upsized for adult large, in KP Palette held double (Huckleberry Heather, Black, Mist, Wallaby, and Turmeric). This was made at the request of my old college roommate, Weatherly. It was actually a bit of a pain, I'm almost embarrassed to say... such a simple design, but since I was upsizing it from a children's sizes I had to keep figuring just how loose, tall, etc I wanted it. I think I started over a total of 4 times, twice being nearly complete.


And for one of the cutest FOs I've ever made, Entrechat for Mila's first birthday (my niece). I used KP Chroma in Azalea. I normally wouldn't do a baby knit in Chroma, but I'm always available to wash it if needed and it was an odd ball that I got in a trade. Plus, look at those colors!

I also made a baby bib in KP Dishie and plan on making a few more to have onhand as gifts. I'll post pics of that when I'm finished with all of them. I'm currently working on a simple pullover sweater in KP Felici Sport (Recess) for Arthur. I love love love the colors! I hope to have it finished by the end of next week, when he and I will be driving down to Gatlinburg to spend the weekend with my favorite aunts and cousins! Charlie couldn't go this year because of work and we'll miss him, but will bring back a surprise for him and some Chikfila lemonade and maybe a sandwich or two (CFA is one of the things that I'm most looking forward to... I took it for granted growing up in Georgia! Nothing can satisfy a craving for a good (the best) chicken sandwich ever).

No comments: