Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013

We had a lovely Christmas. It was the first year ever that I actually finished all my gift knitting (culling 2 or 3 things from the initial list, but it wasn't because of a lack or time or anything) and it was Arthur's first meaningful one. He had a blast opening presents (though thought that he had to throw away each piece of wrapping paper before opening more the present) and was so spoiled. Charlie and I also got some fantastic presents, including a Kindle Fire HD for me and a ham radio set for him. Arthur's big presents included a new 4-wheeler, a tool work bench, and a bike.

I also got a new (to me) camera! My dad gave me his old DSLR and I am so excited and happy to have something better than a cheap prepaid camera phone to use now. I've already been having lots of fun with it. I'm not a photographer by any means, but can still appreciate the quality!

Here are some of my favorite shots with it so far:






You can see in some of the pics that Arthur is wearing mittens. He went out in the snow a few times with bare hands and it ended in him crying because his hands hurt and because he didn't want to go inside yet to warm them up! Snow is fun, but painful! I used the Sucky Thumb Mitts pattern and heavily modified it to fit his hands better and to make them into full mittens. He absolutely loves them and wears them in the house all the time (he also does this with his hats).

Now that Christmas is over, I can start working on some fun knitting. I need to finish up a baby sweater and hat set for Mikah (my mom requested this), but then I will be working on boot socks (I stocked up on Stroll Sport during KP's Big Sale this year since it is being DQ'd), TARDIS Mittens, Amy's Scarf (as in, Amelia Pond... I have recently become a Whovian), and a few other fun things. I need to start thinking about new year's knitting resolutions, as well as my Ravelympics entries (I don't care what those stinkies over on the Olympics committees say, I will call it the Ravelympics instead of Ravellenics if I so choose!).

No comments: