Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Getting Better?

So after a very rough little bit, I'm finally better. Two days ago I had no sickness at all, just a bit of nausea during lunch, and yesterday I was only sick once and felt great the rest of the day. I was able to eat, cook, clean up the living room a bit, etc. Today I'm fine again, though do have a cold that's leaving me feeling icky, which is better than morning sickness! I'm happy to finally have some relief, but then again my worrying momma brain is wondering if it means something is wrong... why would I suddenly be ok? I have been googling all morning (not the best idea to google symptoms and such, I know) and pretty much everything and everyone is saying that it could be a bad sign, but it's most likely just one of those things and the sickness will be back soon enough. I haven't had anything else to worry about (no cramps or anything), so I guess I'll just wait and see.

I have been knitting again! This is the finished Whitman hat in the handspun I won in a KAL:




It came out beautifully! The pictures aren't at all flattering (Charlie says, "I'm not a photographer!"), but they do show the hat off well.

I have also cast on for a ski mask thing for Charlie in KP Swish DK (Coal colorway). He's been begging for a few handknits, but most of what he wants is unrealistic. Like ammo pouches. It would be much easier and probably even cheaper to just go to the Army/Navy store and buy surplus ones. However, a ski mask is something that I can do and when I made a panic order to KP last week (Felici is being discontinued!), I took advantage of their wool sale and got the yarn for it on a good discount. I also finally got the Fit to Flatter book by Amy Herzog since they had their 40% off book sale going on at the same time. I've been wanting it for so long and am definitely not disappointed. I can't wait to use some of her guidelines in my sweater knitting.

So, now I have a ski mask, a summer cardi, a pair of socks, and my bulky winter wrap on the needles. I may have a bit of startitis going on...

2 comments:

Katiebee said...

it did turn out beautiful! love the colors~

magpiemakingdo said...

That's gorgeous! I'm not a big hat fan, but I'd totally wear that one.