Thursday, March 13, 2014

Yay!


I recently treated myself to some yarn. I got a skein of Pagewood Farms Yukon in Army Girl (see, breaking out of my KP-only habit!) and a KP order. Included in that order was the Billow Sampler, which is pictured above along with 2 extra skeins of Lichen I already had in stash. I hadn't used Billow before, but couldn't resist those colors and the 30% off price. I am now about halfway through the crocheted blanket I'm making with it. It's just a simple hdc striped blanket, going as far as each skein will get me. I love it. I'm calling it my New Home Blanket because I've been adding all my wishes, hopes, and prayers for our move to happen into each stitch. And, guess what...

It worked!

We heard back from both the house people and the job transfer today! It's been a serious headache dealing with the rental management company. Honestly, if time and distance weren't such issues right now, I would not have gone through them. There was a complete lack of communication and a lot of other issues, but talking with the manager fixed everything and we were approved for our house! I am sending the reservation fee tomorrow and then it'll officially be held for us. Wanna see a picture?




So, it's not beautiful from the outside. That's ok. Just look at that kitchen, though! It may not be anything wonderful to some of y'all, but to me that's a beautiful thing. I'm currently working with practically zero counter space (literally, I have about 2.5 feet of counter total, and that's divided into 2 different areas) and only 3 cabinets and NO pantry. This kitchen is huge and just so lovely to look at. Plus, I've never had a dishwasher before, so that's kind of neat. I don't know how much I'll use it, but it'll be fun to try out.

The house is on about a half acre lot and the backyard is fenced on 3 sides (we will have to run fence on both sides of the house), there is a small storage shed in the back (yay, no more camping/fishing/etc stuff in the house!), and I love that there's a small deck. The house is pretty big at 1678 square feet (the garage has been converted into another room). There are houses on either side, which we aren't thrilled about, but the lots are large, it's in a rural area (not a subdivision or true neighborhood), and I'm sure it'll be ok.

Now, for the job news. It's good and bad. They called today and offered Charlie a job, but it's only parttime. They don't have a fulltime position open for LPNs. There were, but I guess they got filled. So that's kind of bad, but they did say that he would be in line for fulltime when a slot opened and they seem to open somewhat regularly (working with inmates isn't something that many are suited for, so there's a high turnover rate). That's how his job up here was at first and he got fulltime within 2 weeks. He'll be looking for another parttime job once we are down there. Anyway, they talked to Charlie's boss up here and got a release date, though he won't find out when it is until Monday, and they are doing a phone interview Monday morning. They might need him to go down there for an actual interview, which will be inconvenient but a good excuse to spend a few days in Georgia. So, unless he just bombs the interview Monday, he has the job. We are so excited!!!

1 comment:

magpiemakingdo said...

Oh my goodness! That kitchen! Color me jealous. Those cabinets are beautiful! It's so exciting that this is getting underway and things are looking like they're working out with the job (even if it's not full time right away). Will you be close to family down there?