Monday, April 14, 2014

Pack, Pack, Knit


Knitting has been my way to destress each night after all the craziness of packing and fitting in a such as we can before the move. I finally finished my sMIL's fingerless gloves she requested over a month ago. I used KP Stroll Tweed in Oyster Heather and of course loved it. The pattern was nice enough, though I did mod it a bit when it came to the finger length. These were a chore... boring, tiny needles, and since it was a request I didn't feel like they were fun. I'm just glad that they are finished.


I also made a little newborn (though I think it'll fit through 6 months+) hat from my KP Hawthorne sampler! I say I'm branching out from KP, then they introduce this amazing new line. It's handdyed in a 2-part process and it's just glorious. The yarn base itself is so lovely and very similar to Koigu. I bought in on a share of a 15-yard co-op and got the yarn 2 days ago. I fondled the mini skeins, 20 in all, and then made this cute little hat the next day. I plan on keeping it for the baby, adding pink flowers if it's a girl. We find out in one week, super exciting!

I also managed to finish a pair of socks I've had OTN for 2 months. I kept neglecting them for other things and it felt so good to finish them yesterday night. That's pair 2/12 that I hope to finish this year... I'm a little behind and had better get working! I do have some Hawthorne on its way from the KP warehouse, so that should help...

Here's a pic from our Georgia trip I didn't realize I had...


Arthur loved my mom's chickens. He fed them each morning, gathered the eggs from the adult hens, and played with the pullets. He may have been born in metro Detroit and lived here for 2 years, but he's a country boy at heart. I can't wait for our move next week so I can get us all where we belong :)

1 comment:

magpiemakingdo said...

Oh man, I can't believe how big Arthur is getting! Where does the time go?