Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Birthday To Me

 My 27th birthday was yesterday. It was a good, though uneventful, day. Charlie had to work the night before and the night of, so had to sleep most of the day but did bring me home some surprises...


This is Rocky, my new pet betta. I've been wanting one for my kitchen and Charlie went to two different stores after working 12 hours to fine him for me.


He also brought home handpicked wildflowers! I love them so much more than any fancy store bought flowers he could've gotten me.  My husband is a good man, but isn't the best at giving thoughtful gifts so these birthday surprises were very unexpected and very much appreciated.

The rest of the day was the usual laundry, playing with Arthur, dishes, etc.

In non-birthday news, I have been spinning daily and finally am making a dent in the merino...


This is 380 yards (67g) all finished up. Another 300 yards is currently sitting in a bath and I still have 7 or so ounces left to tackle. It's a joy to be able to spin regularly now. I think this yarn will end up being a simple light pullover for fall.

1 comment:

magpiemakingdo said...

Happy (VERY belated) Birthday!! The beta and the flowers are so sweet, and that yarn you've been working on is BEAUTIFUL. I'd buy that up in a heartbeat if I could.