Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Little Knits

I can't seem to stop knitting little things for little ones. I'm still working on the summer cardi (I'm through the body and am fixing to start the sleeves) and baby dress, but work on small projects as a break from stockinette stitch monotony and when I can't or don't want to bring out a larger project.


I was RAK'd a small amount of MadTosh Tosh Vintage a while back. I had always wanted to try some of this famous yarn and it did not disappoint. I wanted to find an actual project for the 75 or so yards I was given in the Cousteau colorway, so a baby Barley it was. I didn't read the pattern well enough and did reverse stockinette instead of garter for the textured part, but it still looks ok.


I had over half a ball of the KP Stroll HP in Legwarmer leftover from the baby dress, so I'm trying to use it all up. I whipped up a simple baby hat for Ruby Rosalie. I still have quite a bit of the yarn left, so I will be making a few pairs of the baby mitts and maybe some newborn socks to go with the hat.

Sorry for the lack of links in my posts lately. I do most of my online stuff from my Kindle Fire HD these days and it's a pain to go back and forth getting links (the pages refresh between tabs, so I lose my work a lot of the time). All my projects can be found on my Ravelry page, you can find me by looking up my username, SpinKnitUp.

I've been spending my evenings in the best possible way. A large pecan tree provides the perfect shade over the deck, starting at about 6:30 or so. I grab a glass of water, my knitting bag, the phone, and my Kindle and go out on the deck with Arthur. He plays, the dogs lounge, and I watch them and knit. We stay out there til about 8 or so and it's so lovely.

1 comment:

magpiemakingdo said...

Adorable hats, and those evenings sound SO heavenly. I miss having a porch so so much!