Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Yarn Room

 I've been wanting to show off my yarn room, but it's still not finished. I planned on waiting until I had all the shelves up and everything put nicely away into its place, but I really don't know when that will be so I'm just showing you how it looked this morning when I came in to spin a bit...

The first thing you see when entering is the bookshelf. On top is my favorite drawing of Eeyore, my scale, and my crochet thread used for inkle weaving. Next are knitting books, Eucalan, my button jar, and thread. Below that are the knitting/crochet/spinning magazines and good old Hippo, a favorite childhood toy. Finally, on the last shelf, are miscellaneous crafting books (painting, stitching, etc). In front of the shelf are two boxes that still need unpacking, but I've put it off since it's random stuff and I don't want to think about where it all should go.


To the left of the shelf we have Charlotte, my beloved Ashford Traditonal and my spinning chair (my aunt gave us a ton of nice furniture and I immediately snatched the chair up since it's perfect for spinning). I am still working on the Woollie Bullie merino in Raw Turquoise; I should have the first two Robbins of singles plied tonight! Then it's on to the remaining 8 or so ounces...


Just beside Charlotte, we have my sewing table. It's not organized in any way yet and is kind of a holding place for my sewing machine, serger, and fiber on deck for the wheel. Beside the table is a tote with my KP Brava and Palette. Barrett usually naps behind the table or under my spinning chair when I'm working in here.


Then there's my table that houses the swift, winder, inkle loom, lazy Kate, niddy noddy, and yarn on deck to be knit. Below and beside the table are totes with embroidery and sewing supplies, plus a box of random that needs putting away. I will get to that soon, I will.


Finally, we have the good stuff... yarn! My stash is displayed on two metal racks I got while working at Walgreens. The red bookshelf also came from there. I rescued them from being trashed once the promos where over. I had to kind of cram everything in, but it's all there and I love being able to see it all and be inspired each and every day. Yes, I do worry about bugs getting in the buffet line, but I have cedar blocks and lavender sachets hidden in there and check the stash often. I just can't bear the thought of hiding my babies ever again one that I have my own space for everything.

Beside the stash are plastic shelves with various craft supplies, important documents, etc. The closet is just to the left and houses clothes and shoes, plus a tote of random big box store yarn that I don't mind hiding.


And, there you have it. It's not fancy, it's not as beautiful as many rooms I've seen, but it's all mine and I love it.

1 comment:

magpiemakingdo said...

Lovely! I'm so jealous that you get a whole room for your yarny collection! All mine is relegated to a single ugly storage container in the bottom of my closet - I've been trying to figure out a way to get it all on display, but our apartment is on the top floor, and gets a TON of moths in the summer...