Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Finishing Stuff

I went on a little finishing spree last weekend and have several FOs to share:


I had half a skein of KP Swish Tonal in Blue Yonder leftover from a hat I made Arthur back in 2012 and wanted to use it up (one thing about having the stash visible is that I get so annoyed by leftovers and little scraps). I made a pair of Fetching mitts with it and will take them to craft shows this fall. Love how they came out.


I finally finished the baby dress in Pagewood Farms Yukon, Army Girl colorway. I bought the yarn as a treat for myself a few months ago; it was my first non-KP purchase in a very long time. I didn't want to use it for socks because I don't like drapey sock yarn (this is part bamboo) and it was too pretty anyway. This 12 month size dress will be put back for baby Ruby Rose.


I used about one and a half skeins of some Malabrigo (Cinnabar colorway) to make a Tulips Scarf (I joined the ends into an infinity scarf/cowl). This will also be taken to a craft show. The yarn has been in stash for 2 years and was a gift from someone I did some spinning for.


I did a test knit for someone and this is the resulting soaker. So cute! I enjoy test knitting when I can because it gives me a chance to help out a designer, try new things, and it lets me have a free pattern. Plus, it's neat to be involved in the design and pattern writing process. I used leftovers of Cascade 220 (red) and KP WotA (the green). It's sized for 3-6 months and has been added to the cloth diaper pile.

I'm almost finished with another test knit, an adorable infant sweater. I just have the bottom ribbing and sleeves to go. I'm swatching tonight for yet another test, this time a newborn cabled hat in fingering weight yarn. I have plenty of KP Stroll in stash for it, which is the called-for yarn, but I'm thinking of using up a random skein of non-KP I got in a trade earlier this yarn. We will see.


1 comment:

magpiemakingdo said...

All beautiful FOs, as always! I'm always impressed at how you manage to get through all the projects you get through! I wish I had that kind of speed when I knit!