Friday, June 27, 2014

One Finished, Four Started.

I've been pretty good about knitting productivity and keeping the WIPs down. That just changed.

Well, hopefully it's just the second part that's changed. I do want and plan to keep the FOs coming. I finished one thing tonight, then swatches for four other projects, two of which I want done by the 4th.

First, the FO:


It's much cuter in real life, I promise. It's a test knit vest I did for someone on ravelry. I used KP Full Circle Worsted and really liked it. This is the 2T size, so will be keeping Arthur toasty this fall. It's drying after a bath, so model shots will have to wait til this weekend.


And this is the finished Sunnyside cardigan for Ruby Rose. I forgot to share it last week. I'm very pleased with how it came out, though I did forget to add the last buttonhole. I couldn't be bothered to go back and fix it since this is 0-3 months size and will get such short use anyway.

Now for the new WIPs... no pictures yet since they are still in swatch form, but I'm excited about them.

First is Arthur's sweater to coordinate with the one above. I'm using the same yarn (KP Stroll HP in Hayride), but held double. That gives it a little different look and gives me the gauge needed for the pattern, Flax. Sorry for no links, it's difficult from the kindle (check out my ravelry page for info). It's going to be such a cute pullover!

Next is a 0-3 months size dress that I'm testing for Taiga Hillard, the designer of the Year Round Cardi I recently finished for myself in KP Shine Sport. Her tests fill up FAST, so I was lucky to get in for the size that I wanted. It's such a sweet dress and I can't wait to show off progress pics. I'm using KP Stroll Sport in Firecracker Heather.

Those two knits have a longer deadline. I want both done by the beginning of September, which I think is totally doable.

 For the July 4th deadline knits, there's a crocheted infant sweater I'm testing and a summer shirt I want Arthur to wear to the 4th of July celebration in the next town over. The test sweater should be very quick since its 0-3 months sized and it's crochet. I'm using KP Shine Sport in Cosmopolitan. The yarn will be pretty drapey for a sweater, but I think it'll be nice for transition weather and the milder winters we get here in Georgia. It'll be great for layering and will be oh-so-soft.

Now the Independence Day sweater... I'm using the Playground Shirt pattern and KP Simply Cotton Sport (Carnelian Heather and Bermuda Heather) and KP Comfy Sport (Cream). I think I'm just going to do simple stripes of red, white, and blue. I want it to be cute and patriotic, but not over the top (plus, I'm setting a close deadline for myself!).

I will get pictures of these WIPs up soon. I did very much enjoy my marathon swatching session tonight and was quite impatient waiting for everything to come out of the dryer!

Anyway, that's enough chatter for now. I leave you with a picture of my sweet baby boy picking blackberries the other day at my parent's neighbor's house:


1 comment:

magpiemakingdo said...

Lovely knitting as always, and I really still can't get over how big Arthur has grown. It seems like just yesterday I was reading the post that announced you were pregnant with him.

Also PS- I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award (http://magpiemakingdo.wordpress.com/2014/06/27/very-inspiring-blogger-award/). Over the years your knitting has really impressed and inspired me (I know I say that a lot on your FO posts, but it's true).